Is your therapist qualified and insured?
Yes. Our therapist has an Advanced Diploma of Remedial Massage(Myotherapy), Certificate in Cupping, First Aid and a is a qualified Sports Trainer. The therapist is also insured by AON and a member of a professional organisation(AAMT).
Can I claim private health insurance rebate?
Yes. You can claim with most funds depending on your level of cover, but you will need to claim this manually with your health fund.
What is Myotherapy?
Myotherapy is the assessment, treatment and management of musculoskeletal conditions, which may cause muscular dysfunction and pain thus affecting movement and mobility. Myotherapists utilise a range of treatment techniques to restore and maintain the normal integrity of the soft tissue structures (muscles, tendons, ligaments and fascia).
Trigger points within muscles are an example of muscle dysfunction that can cause deep aching pain, local tenderness, referred pain limiting strength and flexibility. Utilising palpation skills Myotherapists can identify trigger points and deactivate them using various soft tissue manipulation techniques.
Muscular dysfunction can be caused by trauma, overload or misuse of muscles arising from occupational, sporting or recreational activities.
What conditions can a Myotherapist treat?
Myotherapists treat the cause as well as the symptoms of a wide range of conditions. Some examples of conditions commonly treated by Myotherapists are:
- Neck & back pain
- Chronic Overuse (RSI)
- Tennis/Golfers elbow
- Joint pain
- Numbness and tingling
- General tightness
- Carpal Tunnel
- Knee, hip & ankle pain
- Frozen shoulder
- Elbow & wrist pain
- You need to fill out a case history and medical form.
- We will then discuss your current condition and health status in order to find out your wants and needs.
- There may be some physical assessment testing to determine the appropriate treatment specific for your needs.
- It is beneficial to massage directly on the skin, but you can leave on as much clothing as you feel comfortable. During the massage you will be covered with a sheet, and I will uncover only the areas that I will be currently working on.
- After your massage, you will be shown effective home care to prolong the benefits of the massage and enhance the body’s natural recovery process.